There’s no better way to learn about the history and culture of a community than to eat its food. On our Newfoundland Food Tour, you will eat your way through downtown St. John’s. Newfoundland and Labrador has one of the most unique food cultures in Canada. Long known for seafood, wild game, and delicious traditional meals, the province has a long list of mouth-watering ingredients and recipes. From a CFA finding success selling beloved Newfoundland pastry to a haunted pub that inspired a TV set to a former fruit stand literally built on the ashes of the Great Fire, we’ll explore the people, stories, and food that make the city unique.
Come hungry! If you arrive gut-foundered, by the time we finish our walk, you’ll be stogged.
- moose meat
- fries, dressing, and gravy
- toutons with molasses
- fish cakes
- Newfoundland berries
- a local speciality for dessert
* Note: Food is included in the tour price for adult and youth tickets. Children 8 and under can attend at no cost but food is not included. If you want to include food samples for children, please purchase a Youth ticket.
* At this time, we’re not able to accommodate gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan diets.
* The itinerary and menu is subject to change, based on the locations’ availability, weather, and other circumstances.